Covid-19 Health & Safety Plan
The health and well-being of the students and staff of The Samuel School is of the utmost importance. We all have found ourselves in an unprecedented experience in terms of a global pandemic, however, God has not left us without hope (1 Thessalonians 4:13). Our hope is that children may grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man. To this end, we continue to press on even in the face of what may be challenging circumstances, making use of good council and wise precautions.
The resounding message from governmental leaders is that the risk to children not being in school is greater than the risk of them being in a school taking proper precautions (US Dept of HHS). The intention of this page is to lay out those proper precautions, as determined by state executive order in accordance with CDC Guidelines. A hyperlink to the executive order guidelines and the CDC Webpage can be found at the bottom of this page. All disinfectants mentioned below meet CDC prescribed guidelines.
Measures to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19
- A quick touch-less thermal scan will be given to each person entering the building to ensure a fever free environment
- Hand sanitizer stations are provided at all building entry points on both levels of the school building. All students entering the building will be assisted by staff and offered hand sanitizer.
- Every classroom will contain bottles of sanitizers to use throughout the day as needed, including before mealtimes.
- Social distancing, 6 feet spacing, will be observed where possible, when possible. Markings will be on the floor at high wait locations such as the bathroom.
- If adults are not able to maintain social distancing when working with students, they will wear a mask as the activity permits. Students working in close proximity with each other, less than 6 feet, will be asked to wear a mask as well.
- All school related classrooms will be sanitized every morning before school starts. Further cleaning and disinfecting of high contact surfaces will occur through the course of the day.
- Signage will be posted throughout the school reminding students of appropriate procedures, such as hand washing, the correct manner to sneeze and steps to take in case you feel sick.
- Hands free water cooler is available as needed. However, students are encouraged to bring in their own filled water bottle.
- No touch trash disposal will be available throughout the school.
- A quarantined location within the school is available for anyone developing Covid-19 related symptoms.
- If at risk individuals must visit the school, such as the elderly, such individuals will be asked to wear masks even when social distancing is occurring. At risk individuals will be asked to refrain from visiting the school unless absolutely necessary to reduce their risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus.
- Lunch will occur in the classroom to reduce the formation of larger groups.
- Physical education will make use of activities that maintain social distancing. Proper sanitization of objects will occur in the event an object, such as a ball, is in usage.
- Sanitization of people and objects will occur following any group play time.
- We are prepared to provide virtual support to students and staff needing to stay home due to Covid-19.
- A thorough cleaning will occur 3 days before the start of the school year.
Lastly, health related exemptions to wearing a face mask are provided within Gov. Wolf's executive order in Section 3 (link below).
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to Mr. Peck, the school school identified Pandemic Coordinator.
Mr. Robert Peck, School Headmaster - (717) 557-1119 -
If these above efforts help even one person from contracting the Covid-19 virus then all the work has been worth it. Thank you for your assistance in supporting the school Health & Safety Plan!
Pennsylvania Guidance for School Reopening - https://www.education.pa.gov/Documents/K-12/Safe%20Schools/COVID/GuidanceDocuments/Pre-K%20to%2012%20Reopening%20Guidance.pdf
CDC School Consideration Website - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/schools.html
Gov. Wolf's Face Mask Executive Order - https://www.governor.pa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/20200701-SOH-Universal-Face-Coverings-Order.pdf