The Samuel School is a Christian, co-educational, college preparatory, day school for ages 3 through High School. We seek families who desire to develop in their children spiritual stature in accordance with Biblical principles; maturity of mind and body through academic excellence; the character of Christian self-government and the quality of servant-leadership.
The criteria for admitting any new child begins with the family.
1. Are the parents who wish to enroll their child(ren) in The Samuel School in agreement with the philosophy and goals of The Samuel School?
2. Are the parents committed to working with the school and the teachers in accomplishing the best educational outcomes for their child(ren)?
3. Does the student have a willingness of heart to obey God’s Word, and to exhibit a teachable spirit (this will be reflected in speech, respect for authority, reverence for the Lord, and in the fruit evident to believers around him/her)?
Grade Point Average
Entrance test results are also an indicator that the applicant has a potential to profit from the academic program offered by The Samuel School. There is a 2.3 Grade Point Average minimum.
The 1½-hour testing session for kindergarten applicants recreates the classroom to provide an opportunity for observation and administrating readiness tests and an individual vocabulary test. The testing sessions for first through twelfth-grade applicants last 2 to 3 hours long and presents a battery of standard achievement tests, observations, and informal test. A “Learning Profile” is then prepared, summarizing and interpreting the test results.
Class size is limited to 17 students per class under usual circumstances. Openings per class vary from year to year depending on returning students. Occasionally, one or two students, depending upon enrollment demands, may increase class size limits.
At all grade levels, if a student qualifies for admission but space is not available, the applicant’s name remains on a list until such space becomes available. The opening is filled according to selection determined by the administration.
1. The Samuel School does not currently accept students who are under the age of three years. Students are also required to be potty trained before beginning school.
2. A child must be 4 years old on or before September 1st to be enrolled in the Pre-Kindergarten for that year.
3. A child must be 5 years old on or before September 1st to be enrolled in Academic Kindergarten for that year.
4. The age of an enrolling student shall be within 2 years of the typical age of his designated class.
5. School administration will make exceptions to the above guidelines only when readiness scores/academic records indicate the need. Consideration of a child's social/emotional ability is also considered in conjunction with cognitive ability.
The Samuel School reserves the right to adjust and/or modify course selections and/or combinations of classes at each grade level based upon such factors as ability/achievement records and student enrollment in a particular class/course.